CONTEST CONTEST CONTEST!
Let’s welcome Ganesha this year with an artwork that best captures the spirit of Ganesh Chaturthi using soft pastels or chalk. Your subject matter can be Ganesha, a procession, a pandal… we’ll let you come up with the ideas! The work can be expressed from representational to abstraction.
The judges for this art competition are looking for the following criteria:
-Vision or Concept
-Quality of Execution in the medium
-Use of Composition to communicate the vision
Our panel of judges will select 2 winners who will get some awesome Art Lounge swag:
Grand prize: Strathmore Grayscale paper pad, Canson Mi-tientes Earth Tones pad, PanPastel set of 5, Koh-I-Noor Gioconda set of 24, Pebeo fixative, Factis Soft-Rub eraser, Canson Ingres Vidalon paper
Second prize: Strathmore Artagain assorted paper, Canson Mi-Tientes white pad, Koh-I-Noor Toisson D’Or set of 36, Koh-I-Noor fixative, Factis Soft-Rub eraser, Canson Ingres Vidalon paper
Create your best and send it in to email@example.com before August 28th. Share it on Facebook and Instagram with #GaneshaAtArtLounge. Winners will be announced on September 1st, just in time for Ganesh Chaturthi!
1) You must use soft pastels or chalk on a surface of your choice to create your masterpiece. It cannot be digitally edited in any way.
2) The work must reflect the theme i.e. ‘Ganesh Chaturthi’. The judging of this interpretation is up to the sole discretion of the panel of judges.
3) The artwork can be of any size.
4) The competition is open to all artists residing in India.
5) There is no age restriction.
6) This is a single-entry competition. Each artist can send in only one artwork.
7) A high-resolution scan or photo of the entry must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of August 28th 2016 by 1pm.
8) The final winners must courier their original signed artworks to us in order to receive their prize, which in turn will be couriered by us to them.