“The Aftermath of Holi”
We all know the visual delights that the festival of colour brings with it, but what about the minutes, days and months after? Yes, there are the less positive aspects, but it also marks the beginning of summer and the destruction of darkness. Both nature and people are transformed before, during and after Holi.
So start those creative engines! We will select one winner who will get some exciting stuff from us! Create your best and send it in before April 16th. Winners will be announced on May 1, 2017.
1) Topic: You are free to abstract the topic as you please. Your response can be literal, symbolic, humorous, with a social message, anything! We are looking for a unique vision or concept and how well it is visually communicated.
2) Medium: Only the following media is acceptable: pencils, paints, inks, markers, pastels, charcoal or a combination of these. No magazine collaging or digital work will be allowed. This is an ode to traditional art! We will be considering the quality and execution of the media chosen.
3) Size: A3 or A4 only.
4) Submission: Scan/photograph your entry and Email it to email@example.com as a high resolution JPEG attachment with the Subject Line: #HoliAtArtLounge along with your Full name, Postal Address, Phone Number, Age, Social Media pages in the main body. Alternatively, you can drop off the physical artwork to our Churchgate store in Mumbai with all the details before Saturday, April 16th by 7pm. If you aren’t the winner, the artwork will be there for pick up post May 1st.
5) Social Media: Do post your entry to Facebook, Instagram with #HoliAtArtLounge. Images received as entries may be used in promotional material related to the contest/Art Lounge across social media platforms or otherwise.
6) For the Winner: The winner must courier their original signed artwork to us within 10 days of notification in order to receive their prize, which in turn will be couriered by us to them within 10 days of receipt.
7) Disclaimer: The final decisions of the contest (deadlines, winners, rules, prizes, plagiarism issues) are up to the sole discretion of Art Lounge. Art Lounge has the right to edit, alter, cancel the contest at any point.